4 Steps To Use The Rotating Evaporator Correctly
Through electronic control, rotating evaporator makes the flask rotate at a constant speed at a suitable speed to increase the evaporation area. The evaporation flask is under negative pressure through a rotary vane vacuum pump. The evaporation flask is placed in a water bath for constant temperature heating while rotating, and the solution in the bottle is heated and diffused in the rotating flask under negative pressure.
The evaporation efficiency is doubled compared with the general evaporator, and it can prevent the solution from boiling. It features large output torque, a wide range of speed adjustment, convenient use, and remarkable performance, which is suitable for concentration, drying, recycling, or crystallization of various biochemical solutions.
Use Instructions of rotating evaporator
Step 1. Frame adjustment
1) Lifting: Hold the front lifting handle with your right hand, loosen the left locking knob with your left hand, and the machine head will move up and down. When the required height is reached, the left locking knob must be tightened.
2) Horizontal deflection: loosen the short knob on the right to turn the machine head left and right.
3) Head angle adjustment: loosen the long knob on the right to adjust the head tilt angle. Generally, it is appropriate to tilt the head of about 20°.
Step 2. Use of electric control box
1) Adjust the speed knob to “0” before use, turn on the power, and slowly increase the speed until the desired speed is reached.
2) Rotation speed should be selected reasonably. Generally, medium and low speed is for the large evaporating flask and medium and high speed for the small evaporating flask. Use a lower speed for solutions with higher viscosity, and use higher speed for solutions with lower viscosity.
3) If the instrument is a little resonant at a certain point, it can be avoided by adjusting the speed.
4) The normal operating temperature of this machine is 5-35°, the power supply voltage is 220V±10%, and the normal temperature of the 50Hz motor shell does not exceed 40°C at room temperature.
5) If the rotating evaporator motor does not rotate, please check whether the 1A fuse is open.
Step 3. Use of glass instruments
1) It is equipped with standard flasks and extra large or extra small flasks are prepared by the user. Generally, the amount of solution should not exceed 50% of the flask capacity.
2) There are three external pipes on the condenser, of which two communicating with the internal condenser pipe are connected with cooling water, one for water inlet, and the other for water outlet. The lower the cooling water temperature, the higher the efficiency. If possible, an external cooling device can be connected.
3) The other external port on the condenser is connected to a rotary vane vacuum pump, and the connection between the vacuum port and the vacuum belt should be coated with vacuum grease. To evaporate the aqueous solution, the vacuum degree should generally be less than 0.096Mpa to ensure evaporation efficiency.
4) In case of vacuum failure, please check: (1) Whether the joints are tightened and whether the vacuum grease is applied well; (2) Whether the sealing ring is effective, whether the vacuum grease is applied between the glass shaft and the sealing ring; (3) Whether the rotary vane vacuum pump and its hose are leaking; (4) Whether the glass is defective.
Step 4. Matters needing attention
1. The power plug should be inserted into a three-hole socket with a protective ground wire to ensure that the motor shell is grounded.
2. When assembling, disassembling, cleaning, and using the glass instrument, please handle it carefully to avoid impact, scratches by sharp or hard objects, or drastic changes in cold and heat. It cannot be directly heated by an electric furnace or open flame. When handling flammable, explosive, toxic, corrosive, or valuable solutions, users should take corresponding safety protection measures and comply with relevant safety operation regulations.
3. Avoid placing the machine base on a platform that will cause resonance to reduce noise.
4. Heating water bath: the general heating medium is water. If there is a special need for temperature, it can be replaced with silicone oil or high temperature silicone oil. Although there is a cover on the water bath, the frequency of use is not high during use; it can prevent dust from entering the water bath or oil bath, and keep it clean.
5. Condenser: The general cooling medium is water. If the ambient temperature is high and the condensation effect is not good, it can be replaced with an ethanol bath and the device is equipped with a circulating refrigerator. The ethanol after cooling is pressed into the condenser for cooling treatment. In extremely cold weather, when the condenser is not in use, the water in the condenser should be drained overnight to prevent the water from solidifying and expanding the condenser.
6. Pressure reducing equipment: for some solvents with high boiling points, the water pump can be replaced with an oil pump.