Buy and Maintenance of Rotating Evaporator
Rotating evaporator is widely used in laboratories. In addition, as ideal equipment, it plays a pivotal role in many fields, such as chemical, medical, pharmaceutical, food industry, and biological fields. The instrument is controlled by the current to make the flask run at a constant speed. There is a motor for lifting inside the flask frame, when the power is cut off, the lifting of the flask on the heating pot can be automatically controlled.
Rotating evaporator is a device for quickly concentrating liquid samples. The sample is heated and decompressed in a spherical glass container, and continuously rotated to increase the evaporation surface area and accelerate the evaporation rate. Rotating evaporator is mainly used for concentration, crystallization, drying, separation, and solvent recovery in the pharmaceutical, chemical, and biological pharmaceutical industries.
The principle is to heat the rotating bottle at a constant temperature under vacuum conditions so that the rotating bottle rotates at a uniform speed, and the material forms a large-area film on the bottle wall to effectively evaporate. The solvent vapor is cooled by the glass condenser and recovered into the collection bottle, which greatly improves the evaporation efficiency. It is especially suitable for the concentration and purification of biological products that are easily decomposed and denatured at high temperatures.
The rotating evaporator can rotate the bottle at a constant speed to increase the evaporation area. The rotating water vacuum pump is a rotating bottle under negative pressure. The rotating bottle is heated at a constant temperature in the water bath at the same rotating time. The solution in the bottle is heated, diffused, evaporated, and quickly evaporated under negative pressure to prevent the solution from boiling. It is suitable for reflux operation, rapid evaporation of a large number of solvents, micro-component concentration, and reaction processes that require stirring.
The rotating evaporator system can seal 400-600mm mercury column; the solvent in the vacuum distillation flask can be heated by heating, and the heating temperature can reach the boiling point of the solvent; at the same time, the rotation speed is 50-160 times/min, which forms the solvent and increases the film area.
The rotating evaporator has a built-in lifting motor, which can automatically lift the flask to a position above the heating pot when the power is cut off. Due to the centripetal force and friction between the liquid sample and the evaporating flask, the liquid sample forms a liquid film on the inner surface of the evaporating flask, and the heating area is large; the force generated by the rotation of the sample effectively suppresses the boiling of the sample.
Maintenance of rotating evaporator:
1. Check the instrument carefully before use. Whether the glass bottle is damaged and whether the interfaces are consistent. Please handle it gently.
2. Wipe each interface with a soft cloth (can be replaced by a napkin), and then apply a little vacuum grease. Be sure to cover the vacuum grease after use to prevent dust from entering.
3. Each interface should not be tightened too tightly and should be loosened regularly to avoid long-term locking and causing the connector to seize.
4. Turn on the power switch first, then let the rotating evaporator run from slow to fast, and then turn off the switch when the machine is stopped.
5. Teflon switches everywhere can’t be tightened excessively, which may damage the glass.
6. After each use, you must use a soft cloth to wipe off various oil stains, stains, and solvent remaining on the surface of the machine to keep it clean.
7. Loosen the PTFE switches after the machine stops, and the PTFE piston will be deformed if it is stationary for a long time.
8. Clean the sealing ring regularly by removing the sealing ring, checking whether there is dirt on the shaft, wiping it with a soft cloth, then applying a little vacuum grease, and reinstalling it to keep the shaft and the sealing ring smooth.
9. The electrical parts must not be exposed to water and damp.
10. Please turn off the power switch before maintaining the rotating evaporator and disconnect the power cord from the power supply.