Common Failure Phenomenon, Cause and Approach of Jacketed Glass Reactor Vessel
Common Failure Phenomenon, Cause, and Approach of Jacketed Glass Reactor Vessel
a. Fault phenomenon of jacketed glass reactor vessel: damage to the shell of the single and double-layer jacketed glass reactor (including corrosion, cracks, through-holes, etc.).
Cause of issue 1. Exposure to medium radiation such as pitting corrosion and intergranular corrosion. 2. Thermal stress affects cracks or alkali embrittlement. 3. Wear thinning or uniform corrosion.
1. Shells lined with corrosion-resistant materials need to be re-lined or partially repaired. 2. After welding, the stress should be eliminated and cracks should be repaired. 3. The jacketed glass reactor needs to be replaced if the thickness exceeds the designed low allowable thickness.
b. Fault phenomenon of jacketed glass reactor vessel: over temperature and overpressure.
Cause of issue:
1. The instrument of the single and double jacketed glass reactor is out of order and the control is not strict. 2. Misoperation, the improper ratio of raw materials, violent reaction. 3. Side effects due to poor heat transfer or mixing performance. 4. The intake valve is malfunctioning. The intake pressure is too high and the pressure is high.
1. Check and repair the automatic control system, and strictly implement the operating procedures. 2. Take emergency pressure relief according to the operation method, and prevent misoperation by feeding the material in a fixed amount and time. 3. Increase the heat transfer area or remove fouling, improve the heat transfer effect, repair the agitator, and improve the mixing efficiency. 4. Close the main air valve and repair the valve.
c. Failure phenomenon of jacketed glass reactor vessel: The single and double jacketed glass reactor is sealed leaking.
Cause of failure: packing seal
1. The abrasion or corrosion of the stirring shaft at the packing causes the gap to be too large. 2. Improper position of the oil ring or blockage of the oil circuit cannot form an oil seal. 3. The gland is not tight, the quality of the packing is poor, or it has been used for too long.
d. Failure phenomenon of jacketed glass reactor vessel: stuffing box corrosion
Cause of failure: mechanical seal
1. The end faces of the moving and static rings are deformed and bruised. 2. If the end-face specific pressure is too large, the friction pair will be thermally deformed. 3. The material of the sealing ring is incorrectly selected, the pressing force is not enough, or the V-shaped sealing ring is installed reversely to lose its sealing performance. 4. The vertical error between the axis and the end face of the static ring is large. 5. Operating pressure and temperature are unstable, and hard particles enter the friction pair. 6. The amount of shaft displacement exceeds the target. 7. When mounting or bonding moves, the mounting seam of the static ring leaks.
Approach: (1) Packing seal
1. Replace or repair the mixing shaft and process it on the machine tool to ensure roughness. 2. Adjust the position of the oil ring to clean the oil circuit. 3. Repair or replace.
(2) Mechanical seal
1. Replace the friction pair of re-grind. 2. Adjust the specific pressure appropriately and strengthen the cooling system to remove heat in time. 3. The material of the sealing ring should be selected, the arrangement should be reasonable, and there should be enough pressing force. 4. Stop pyrex glass reactor and re-align to ensure that the non-verticality is less than 0.5mm. 5. Strictly control the process indicators, particles and crystals cannot enter the friction pair. 6. Adjust and overhaul to make the shaft displacement reach the standard. 7. Improve the installation process or interference should be appropriate, or the bonding should be easy to use and firm.
e. Failure phenomenon of jacketed glass reactor vessel: There is abnormal noise in the single and double glass reactor.
Cause of issue:
1. The stirrer rubs the accessories (snake tube, thermometer tube, etc.) in the kettle or scrapes the wall. 2. The agitator is loose. 3. The lining bulges and collides with the agitator. 4. The agitator is bent or the bearing is damaged.
1. Shut down for maintenance and align so that there is a certain gap between the agitator and the accessories. 2. Shut down and check, tighten the bolts. 3. Repair the drum bag or replace the lining. 4. Repair or replace shafts and bearings.
f. Fault phenomenon of jacketed glass reactor vessel The motor current of the single and double glass reactor exceeds the rated value.
Cause of issue:
1. The bearing is damaged. 2. The temperature in the kettle is low and the material is viscous. 3. The spindle speed is faster. 4. The diameter of the agitator is too large.
1. Replace the bearing. 2. Adjust the temperature according to the operating rules, and the viscosity of the material should not be too large. 3. Control the spindle speed within a certain range.