Laboratory Rotary Evaporator Operation Method
The rotary evaporator, through electronic control, makes the flask rotate at a constant speed at a suitable speed to increase the evaporation area. The evaporation flask is under negative pressure through a vacuum pump. The evaporation flask is placed in a water bath for constant temperature heating while rotating, and the solution in the bottle is heated and diffused in the rotating flask under negative pressure.
Laboratory rotary evaporator the evaporation efficiency is doubled compared with the general evaporator, and it can prevent the solution from boiling. The device has a large output torque, a wide range of speed adjustment, convenient use, remarkable effects, and is suitable for concentration, drying, recycling or crystallization of various biochemical solutions.
Rotary evaporator instructions
1. Frame adjustment:
1) Lifting: Hold the front lifting handle with your right hand, loosen the left locking knob with your left hand, and the machine head will move up and down. When the required height is reached, the left locking knob must be tightened.
2) Horizontal deflection: loosen the short knob on the right to turn the machine head left and right.
3) Head angle adjustment: loosen the long knob on the right to adjust the head tilt angle. Generally, it is appropriate to tilt the nose of about 20°.
2. Use of electric control box:
1) Adjust the speed knob to “0” before use, plug in the power supply, turn on the power switch, and slowly increase the speed until the desired speed is reached.
2) Rotation speed should be selected reasonably. Generally, medium and low speed for large evaporating flask and medium and high speed for small evaporating flask. Use a lower speed for solutions with higher viscosity, and use higher speed for solutions with lower viscosity.
3) If the instrument is a little resonant at a certain point, it can be avoided by adjusting the speed.
4) The normal use environment temperature of this machine is 5-35°, the power supply voltage is 220V±10%, and the normal temperature of the 50Hz motor shell does not exceed 40°C at room temperature.
5) If the motor does not rotate, please check whether the 1A fuse is open.
3. Use of glass instruments:
1) 20l/50l rotary evaporator can be equipped with 250, 500, 1000, and 2000ML four flasks. The interface standard is No. 24, and two kinds of 1000ML are attached. Extra large or extra small flasks are prepared by users. Generally, the amount of solution should not exceed 50% of the flask capacity.
2) There are three external pipes on the condenser, two of which are connected to the internal condenser pipe are connected to cooling water, one is for water in, and the other is for water.
Generally, it can bring in water. The lower the cooling water temperature, the higher the efficiency. If possible, an external cooling device can be connected.
3) The other external port on the condenser is connected to the vacuum pump, and the connection between the vacuum port and the vacuum belt should be coated with vacuum grease. To evaporate the aqueous solution, the vacuum degree should generally be less than 0.096Mpa to ensure the evaporation efficiency. As for rotary evaporator suppliers, Hawach recommend the water circulation vacuum pump.
4) In case of vacuum failure, please check: (1) Whether the joints are tightened and whether the vacuum grease is applied; (2) Whether the sealing ring is effective and whether the vacuum grease between the glass shaft and the sealing ring is applied; (3) ) Whether the vacuum pump and its hose are leaking; (4) Whether the glass is defective.