Hawach rotary evaporator is a commonly used evaporator product, which is mainly composed of a motor, distillation bottle, heating pot, condenser tube, and other parts. The product has the advantages of stable performance, flexible use, high reliability, and easy maintenance. The user needs to perform regular maintenance on the rotary evaporator during use, which can effectively increase the service life of the instrument. Today we will introduce the maintenance method of the rotary evaporator specifically, I hope it can help everyone.
(1) After evacuating and turning on the vacuum pump, if the vacuum cannot be reached, check whether the mouth of each bottle is sealed, whether the vacuum pump itself leaks, whether the sealing ring at the rotating shaft is intact, and connect a vacuum switch in series with the external vacuum tube to fine-tune the most. Good recovery rate and evaporation speed.
(2) Feeding: Using the system vacuum negative pressure, the liquid material can be sucked into the rotating bottle through the hose at the feeding port. The liquid material capacity should be less than half of the rotating bottle. The instrument can be continuously fed. Pay attention when feeding A. Turn off the vacuum pump B. Stop heating C. After the evaporation stops, slowly open the feed tube cock to prevent backflow.
(3) Heating: This instrument is equipped with a specially designed lifting water bath. It must be filled with water and then powered on. The temperature control scale is 0-99°C for reference. Due to thermal inertia, the actual water temperature is about 2 degrees higher than the set temperature, and the set value can be corrected when used. If you need a water temperature of 40 degrees, you can set the thermostat to 38 degrees. The exact water temperature should be measured directly with a thermometer. The rotating bottle can invade 1/3-1/2 of the water. Remove the power plug with a pull-out.
1. Heating water bath: The general heating medium is water. If there is a special need for temperature, you can replace it with silicone oil or high-temperature silicone oil! Although the manufacturer will equip the water bath with a lid, the frequency of use is not high during use; at rest time, it can prevent dust from entering the water bath or oil bath and keep the water bath or oil bath clean.
2. Condenser: The general cooling medium is water. If the ambient temperature is high and the condensation effect is not good, it can be replaced with an ethanol bath, and the device is equipped with a circulating refrigerator. Press the cooled ethanol into the condenser for cooling treatment. In extremely cold weather, when it is not in use, the water in the condenser should be drained overnight to prevent the water from solidifying and the volume expansion and cracking of the condenser.
3. Decompression equipment: often configured as a water pump. For some high-boiling solvents, the water pump can be replaced with an oil pump. Pay attention to the requirements of the equipment when replacing.