The rotary evaporator is one of the commonly used instruments in the laboratory. It is a simple and mature product. It is mainly composed of motors, distillation bottles, heating pots, condensers, and other components. It is mainly used for distillation, synthesis, and analysis.
In the process of concentration, drying, recovery, etc., it uses electronic control to make the evaporation flask rotate at a constant speed at a suitable speed to increase the evaporation area; the vacuum flask is placed under negative pressure; the evaporation flask is placed while rotating In the heating pot, the solution in the bottle under negative pressure and heating diffuses and evaporates during rotation.
It is used very frequently in chemical laboratories. It has the advantages of easy maintenance, stable performance, safe and reliable use, high sensitivity, etc. The application scope covers chemical companies, pharmaceutical companies, universities and research institutes, and other units. Next, the editor of Xianji.com introduces the steps of using the rotary evaporator and the precautions for common configuration.
1. Prepare a white latex tube with an inner hole diameter of about 8 mm and a length of about 1500 mm. In addition, prepare two latex tubes with a length of about 80 mm. The specifications are the same as the previous ones. One spare; one SHZ-D (III) circulating water vacuum pump, the water tank of the vacuum pump must be filled with water, and the water is added to the submerged head of the vacuum pump.
2. First, we connect the prepared latex tube with a length of about 80 mm to the two ends of the tee, and then connect them; we find the suction port of the circulating water vacuum pump. The identification of the suction port is I and II. Connect the two ends of the tee connected to the latex tube, and connect the pumping I and pumping II respectively.
3. Prepare two hoses with a diameter of about 10 mm, a length of about 1000 mm, and four snap rings with a diameter of about 14; find the water inlet and water outlet of the condenser of the rotary evaporator; first, we connect the hose to the low-temperature coolant the water outlet, the other end of the hose is connected to the water inlet of the rotary evaporator, and the water inlet identification method: carefully observe the serpentine tube in the glass condenser, look to both sides, and always find the port that communicates with the outside. , Outlet; usually below is the inlet, above is the outlet.
We use another hose to connect the water outlet of the rotary evaporator, and the other end of the hose is connected to the water inlet of the low-temperature cooling circulation pump (the inlet and outlet are usually marked). Open the filling port cover of the low-temperature coolant circulation pump, clean the cold well tank, add the cooling liquid to the cooling tank according to the ratio of 1:1:1. Note that after pressing the power button and then pressing the cooling button, the cycle will be started after the desired temperature is lowered.
4. Install the rotating bottle and fix it with a clip. If there is a splash-proof connector, connect it first. When installing the rotating bottle, pay attention to the interface with vacuum silicone grease. we can turn on the vacuum pump first, but start rotating after a certain vacuum.
5. Adjust the height and rotation speed of the distillation flask, and set the appropriate heating temperature of the water bath.
6. Stop the rotation after steaming, then vent the atmosphere, then stop the water pump, and finally remove the distillation flask.
7. Stop the low-temperature coolant circulation pump, stop the water bath heating, turn off the water circulation pump, pour out the solvent in the receiving bottle, wash the buffer ball, and receive the bottle.