Strength And Preventive Maintenance of Glass-Lined Reactor
Glass-lined reactor can be used in a sealed glass-lined reactor under the set constant temperature condition. Pyrex glass reactor can be stirred and reacted under normal pressure or negative pressure according to the requirements of use and can be used for the reflux and distillation of the reaction solution. Glass-lined reactor a modern fine chemical industry. Ideal pilot and production equipment for plants, biopharmaceuticals, and new material synthesis.
It is very important for operators to understand the related knowledge of its maintenance. Correct preventive maintenance of the glass-lined reactor can increase the service life of the reactor.
What is the glass strength of pyrex reactor? How to preventive maintenance of glass-lined reactor? Let’s talk about it!
The strength of the glass-lined reactor
Usually, glass-lined reactor thickness is between 40 and 90 mils. The strength of glass-lined reactor is proportional to the thickness, so the thicker the glass, the higher the natural compression and impact resistance.
However, the most important characteristic of glass in the laboratory is not its strength, but its resistance to thermal shock, high temperature, and low temperature. In the manufacturing and processing technology of glass in the laboratory, the glass must be fired at a high temperature of 1440 degrees. After it is shaped, it must be placed in an oven for annealing to promote the inner glass and outer glass to maintain the same cooling rate and the ratio of cold shrinkage to ensure the same thermal expansion coefficient of the inner glass and outer glass.
The thicker the glass, the more difficult it is to ensure the same cooling rate and cold shrinkage ratio of the inner and outer layers of glass, resulting in inconsistent thermal expansion coefficients and stress product quality problems. (The outer glass has a fast cooling rate. When the outer layer drops to room temperature and completes the cold shrinkage, but the inner glass is still not completed, the outer glass will block the further shrinkage of the inner glass, and then the glass will form a pulling force. When the temperature changes again, the glass will shatter.)
In addition, most of the glass-lined reactors in the laboratory are heating and cooling reactions. The thicker the glass thickness, the worse the heat transfer performance of the glass, which can directly affect the actual effect of the reaction. Therefore, there must be a balance between temperature resistance, heat transfer performance, and strength. According to national standards, the thickness of 6mm glass is a relatively satisfactory level.
Preventive maintenance of the glass-lined reactor
1. Before using the glass-lined reactor, read the instructions carefully and check the instrument: check whether the glass-lined reactor body has any signs of damage and whether the interfaces are consistent.
2. Wipe each interface of the glass-lined reactor with a clean soft cloth, and apply a little rotating interface on the interface to make the vacuum grease at the interface even.
3. The interface of the glass-lined reactor should not be screwed too tightly, and the looseness should be checked regularly to prevent the connector from being seized due to long-term locking.
4. Turn on the power switch and let the machine run from slow to fast. When the machine is stopped, it should be in a stopped state, and then turn off the switch.
5. The PTFE switches should not be tightened excessively to avoid damage to the glass. Loosen the PTFE switches after the machine stops, and the PTFE piston will be deformed if it is stationary for a long time.
6. Take off the sealing ring of the glass-lined reactor under the glass, check whether there is dirt on the shaft, wipe it with a soft cloth, apply a little vacuum grease, and re-install it to keep the shaft and the sealing ring smooth. Clean the sealing ring regularly.
7. The electrical parts must not be exposed to water and dampness.
8. When replacing parts of the glass-lined reactor, you must use the original accessories produced by the original factory. Using other accessories will cause fatal damage to the machine.
9. When doing any repair or inspection, the glass-lined reactor must first cut off the power and water source.
10. After the glass-lined reactor is used, the oil stains, stains, and solvent remaining on the surface of the machine must be wiped with a soft cloth to keep it clean.
Hawach summarizes the strength and preventive maintenance of a glass-lined reactor. If you have other problems, welcome to contact hawachsci.com.