Usage And Precautions Of Rotary Evaporator
Being used for removing the solvents from samples by evaporation in the efficient and gentle way in a modern chemistry laboratory, the rotary evaporator is the best device to separate “low boiling” solvents, such as an ethyl acetate from solid compounds at room temperature and pressure.
Rotary evaporator is widely known as the fastest, most efficient, and most environmental-friendly way of removing a volatile solvent from a non-volatile sample.
Usage of Rotary Evaporator
1. Turn on the cryogenic coolant circulation pump. turn on the power switch, press the refrigeration key, press “set” to set the required refrigeration temperature, press” again set” to display the actual temperature.
2. When the actual temperature reaches the requirements, you should press the “cycle” to open the circulating water.
3. Put on the buffer bottle, distilled flask, fixed with standard mouth clip. Open the vacuum pump, and wait for a certain degree of vacuum before loosening the hand.
4. Adjust the distillation bottle height (the lift always has an upward elastic force, release the lock to use the hand to hold the top full operation), turn on the power switch (make sure the speed is zero), and mediate the rotation speed. Set the appropriate water bath temperature.
5. After distillation, stop the rotation and breathe. Then turn off the vacuum pump and finally remove the distillation flask.
6. Turn off the water bath heating power supply, stop the low-temperature coolant circulating pump circulating water and refrigeration function, finally remove the receiving bottle, pour out the solvent in the bottle, then wash the buffer bottle, receiving bottle and so on.
Precautions of Rotary Evaporator
1. Glass parts should be attached to the light and should be washed before loading, then rubbing or drying.
2. All grinding parts, sealing ring and joints before installation needs to apply a layer of vacuum grease.
3. The heating tank before power must be added water, do not allow dry burning without water.
4. RE-52B must have screwed into the safety hole to insure against damage to the flask.
5. Need to be checked if the vacuum is not pumped:
(1) The joints and the joints are sealed;
(2) Sealing ring, whether the sealing surface is effective;
(3) Whether the vacuum grease between the spindle and the sealing ring is well coated;
(4) Whether the vacuum pump and its skin tube are leaking;
(5) whether the glass parts are cracked, broken, or damaged.
6. Other points for attention. When using, it should first reduce pressure, then start the motor rotation distillation flask, in the end, it should first stop, and then pass the atmosphere, to prevent the distillation flask from falling off in rotation.
As the heat source of distillation, it is often equipped with the corresponding constant temperature tank. The above operations can provide you with better performance.